Friday, October 14, 2016

Are we living in a computer simulation?


This article has made me question our existence on Earth, however I don't agree with the point they are trying to make. It doesn't make sense that our world is simulated because I don't think we have enough evidence to prove.  I think it's just another crazy idea that scientists have came up with. I think maybe we could have realized something suspicious when astronauts go into space. It's a very interesting thing to think about, so I hope scientists are able to tell us more about this theory in the future. In the article, it says the odds are 50-50 that our existence is a program on somebody else's hard drive. I think that this is insane, we don't even have that much information about this! A physicist at Harvard also disagrees with this theory, saying, “It’s just not based on well-defined probabilities. The argument says you’d have lots of things that want to simulate us. I actually have a problem with that. We mostly are interested in ourselves. I don’t know why this higher species would want to simulate us.” She admitted she did not understand why other scientists were even questioning that the universe is a simulation. “I actually am very interested in why so many people think it’s an interesting question", she continued. I agree with her points of how scientists could actually believe this is true. The last sentences affected me the most. “What happens,” Tyson said, “if there’s a bug that crashes the entire program?” Then I guess that's how the world will end. Our world is real, we aren't in a simulation of any sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment